- Formed in 1967, an attempt to establish a free trade area between Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand.
- (Dog grooming) Dog grooming refers to both the hygienic care and cleaning of a dog, as well as a process by which a dog’s physical appearance is enhanced for showing or other types of competition. A dog groomer (or simply “groomer”) is a person who earns their living grooming dogs.
- Owned, controlled, or financially supported by the federal government
- a person who owes allegiance to that nation; “a monarch has a duty to his subjects”
- Of or relating to a nation; common to or characteristic of a whole nation
- limited to or in the interests of a particular nation; “national interests”; “isolationism is a strictly national policy”
- of or relating to or belonging to a nation or country; “national hero”; “national anthem”; “a national landmark”
- A landmass in the western hemisphere that consists of the continents of North and South America joined by the Isthmus of Panama. The continent was originally inhabited by American Indians and Inuits. The northeast coastline of North America was visited by Norse seamen in the 8th or 9th century, but for the modern world the continent was first reached by Christopher Columbus in 1492
- Used as a name for the United States
- American English: the English language as used in the United States
- (american) of or relating to or characteristic of the continents and islands of the Americas; “the American hemisphere”; “American flora and fauna”
- United States: North American republic containing 50 states – 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; achieved independence in 1776
national dog groomers association of america – The Everything
Working with animals can involve much more than helping at an animal shelter or grooming dogs. There are lots of different jobs out there for people who share a deep concern for the welfare of animals. Authors Michele C. Hollow and Dr. William P. Rives give you the inside scoop on all of them, including:
Veterinarian and veterinary technician
Animal trainer for movies and TV
Guide dog trainer
This unique career guide features personal stories from experts in the field, including a large-animal surgeon, a professional dog trainer, an animal behaviorist, and the former president and CEO of the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. This guide gives you everything you need to find a job that fits your animal-loving personality.
How Cute Is This?
Freedom Under Fire
Illustration by Martin Moreno
A special Village Voice Media report
national dog groomers association of america
Pet Grooming Kit
At a Glance:
Rotary tool provides a safe, effective, less stressful alternative to clipping
Two rotation speeds let you safely and carefully grind nails in stages
Cordless operation for optimum control
Compatible with an array of Dremel sanding drums and bands
Backed by a two-year warranty
The Dremel Pet Grooming Kit is a painless way to keep your pet’s nails neat and trim.
A Safe and Painless Alternative to Clipping
Using clippers and scissors to trim your pet’s nails can cause splintering, cracking, or bleeding–all of which can lead to discomfort and pain for your pet. That’s why the Dremel Pet Grooming Kit features a rotary tool that provides a harmless alternative to clipping. Offering two speed settings–5,000 and 13,000 rpm–the 4.8-volt rotary tool lets you safely and carefully grind down your pet’s nails in stages to avoid cutting the quick.
Lightweight, Cordless Design
The Dremel Pet Grooming Kit’s compact rotary tool has large, easy-to-operate controls. And because the rotary tool is cordless and lightweight, you can groom your pet’s nails anywhere with optimum precision.
To use the Dremel Pet Grooming Kit, simply secure your pet in a comfortable position and make sure any long fur is safely out of the way. Use one hand to support the toe and claw and the other hand to operate the rotary tool. Without applying pressure, allow the rotating drum to grind each nail for up to three seconds, making sure to alternate between all the nails on each paw. Frequently switching nails during grinding keeps your pet comfortable and prevents nails from getting too hot.
Easy Drum and Band Replacements
Replacing the Dremel sanding drum or band is a cinch with the kit’s included wrench. Using approved accessories for this pet grooming tool is recommended. For Dremel sanding drums, use 407 and 430; for Dremel sanding bands, use 408, 431, 438, 445, and 446.
What’s in the Box
4.8-volt cordless rotary tool and wrench.
Featuring two opperating speeds and large, easy-to-use controls,
this cordless rotary tool is ideal for grooming your pet’s nails.